If you’re in hot water over weapons charges, you don’t just need any lawyer, you need one who knows how to get you out of this mess. And that’s where we come in.
At Kolacia Law Firm, our Rancho Cucamonga weapons charges lawyer has the experience and expertise to take on even the toughest cases. We know the law inside and out and how to build a strong defense that gets results.
Whether you’re facing charges for firearms offenses, assault with a deadly weapon, or any other weapons-related crime, we’re here to help. We’ll work tirelessly to defend your rights and help you achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
Don’t leave your future to chance. Contact Kolacia Law Firm in Rancho Cucamonga today to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help you fight your weapons charges with confidence.
Why Choose Kolacia Law Firm for Your Weapons Charges
When it comes to weapons charges, you need a lawyer who is experienced, knowledgeable, and ready to fight for your rights. At Kolacia Law Firm, we offer all of that and more.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose us for your weapons charges case:
- Experience — Our team of lawyers has years of experience handling weapons charges cases. We know the ins and outs of the law and how to build a strong defense.
- Personalized attention — We understand that every case is unique and take the time to get to know our clients and their situation. We’ll work with you to build a defense strategy tailored to your needs.
- Aggressive defense — We don’t back down from a fight. We will aggressively defend your rights and work tirelessly to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
- Communication — We believe in keeping our clients informed every step of the way. You’ll always know what’s happening with your case and have access to our team whenever you have questions or concerns.
Don’t take chances with your future if you’re facing weapons charges. Contact our criminal law firm today to schedule a consultation.
Understanding California Weapons Charges and Penalties
California has strict weapons laws, and even a minor offense can have serious consequences.
Here we’ll break down the weapons charges and the corresponding penalties. By understanding these charges, you can make informed decisions about your case and work towards the best possible outcome.
Types of Weapons Charges
Here are some of the most common weapons charges in California:
- Unlawful possession of a firearm — possessing a firearm without the proper permit or license, or possessing a firearm by a prohibited person such as a felon, a person with a restraining order, or a person with certain mental health conditions
- Carrying a concealed firearm — carrying a firearm hidden on one’s person or in a vehicle, without the proper permit or in violation of permit restrictions
- Carrying a loaded firearm in public — carrying a loaded firearm in public areas or a vehicle, without the proper permit or in violation of permit restrictions
- Assault with a deadly weapon — using a weapon or other object to cause or attempt to cause physical harm to another person
- Brandishing a weapon — displaying or waving a weapon in a threatening or aggressive manner in the presence of another person
- Illegal possession of an assault weapon — possessing a firearm classified as an “assault weapon” under California law without proper registration or authorization
- Possession of a large-capacity magazine — possessing a magazine that can hold more than the legal limit of ammunition (typically more than 10 rounds) without proper authorization
- Unlawful sale or transfer of a firearm — selling or transferring a firearm without proper licensing, background checks, or waiting periods as required by California law
- Negligent discharge of a firearm — discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner that could potentially cause injury or death to another person
- Criminal storage of a firearm — storing a firearm in a way that allows a child or a prohibited person to access it, potentially resulting in injury or death
If you’re facing any of these types of weapons charges, it’s essential to consult with an experienced lawyer to understand your legal options and potential penalties.
Here is a chart for common California weapons charges and penalties by type of charge, classification, and penalties.
|Type of Charge||Classification||Penalties||Code Sections|
|Unlawful possession of a firearm||Misdemeanor/Felony||
||Penal Code 29800, 29900, 30305|
|Carrying a concealed firearm||Misdemeanor/Felony||
||Penal Code 25400|
|Carrying a loaded firearm in public||Misdemeanor/Felony||
||Penal Code 25850|
|Assault with a deadly weapon||Felony||
||Penal Code 245(a)(1)|
|Brandishing a weapon||Misdemeanor||
||Penal Code 417|
|Illegal possession of an assault weapon||Misdemeanor/Felony||
||Penal Code 30600|
|Possession of a large-capacity magazine||Misdemeanor||
||Penal Code 32310|
|Unlawful sale or transfer of a firearm||Misdemeanor/Felony||
||Penal Code 26500, 27500, 27535|
|Negligent discharge of a firearm||Misdemeanor/Felony||
||Penal Code 246.3|
|Criminal storage of a firearm||Misdemeanor/Felony||
||Penal Code 251|
Please note that these penalties are subject to change and may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case. It’s essential to consult with an experienced weapons charges lawyer to understand your legal options and potential penalties.
Heightened Penalties: Understanding Aggravating Factors for Weapon Offenses
If you’re facing weapons charges in California, you must know that certain factors can increase your penalties. These are known as “aggravating factors,” and they can make a big difference in the outcome of your case.
Here are four of the most common aggravating factors for weapon offenses in California:
- Use of a firearm in the commission of a felony — If you use a firearm while committing a felony offense, you could face increased penalties for both charges.
- Prior convictions — If you have a prior criminal record, especially for weapons offenses, it can lead to increased penalties for your current charges.
- Gang activity — If you’re involved in gang activity or charged with a crime related to gang activity, the penalties for weapons offenses can be enhanced under California’s Street Terrorism Enforcement and Prevention (STEP) Act.
- Intent to sell — If you’re charged with possessing a weapon intending to sell or distribute, the penalties can be much more severe than for simple possession.
It’s important to note that these aggravating factors can vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case. However, it’s always a good idea to speak with an experienced weapons charges lawyer to help you understand the factors that may apply to your case.
Weapon Charges Defense Strategies to Protect Your Rights and Future
If you’re facing weapons charges, it’s essential to work with an experienced defense attorney who can develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your case.
Here are some defense strategies that can effectively fight weapons charges:
- Constitutional rights violations — In some cases, the evidence used against you may have been obtained through an illegal search and seizure or other violations of your constitutional rights.
- Self-defense — If you were using a weapon in self-defense or defense of others, your attorney can argue that your actions were justified and that you should not be convicted.
- Lack of intent — If you did not intend to commit a crime, your attorney can argue that you lacked the intent necessary for a conviction.
- Faulty evidence — In some cases, the prosecution’s evidence may be faulty or unreliable.
- Plea bargaining — In some cases, a plea bargain may be the best option for reducing the charges and potential penalties.
At our firm, we have the experience and knowledge to develop a defense strategy that is tailored to your unique circumstances. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights and fight for your future. Contact us today for a consultation and take the first step towards building a strong defense.
Contact Weapons Charge Attorneys at Kolacia Law Firm
If you’re facing weapons charges in California, you know how serious the situation is. That’s why you need the best legal help you can get. And that’s where Kolacia Law Firm comes in.
Our team of experienced attorneys knows the ins and outs of California weapons laws, and we’ll work tirelessly to defend your rights and protect your future. We know every case is unique, and we’ll take the time to understand your circumstances and build a defense strategy tailored to your needs.
Don’t leave your future to chance. Contact us today for a consultation and take the first step towards building a strong defense.