At Kolacia Law Firm in Rancho Cucamonga, we understand that being accused of domestic violence can be a distressing and life-changing experience.
Our compassionate, experienced, and skilled criminal defense attorneys are committed to providing you with the best possible defense to protect your rights, reputation, and future.
With our team by your side, you can trust that you have the support and expertise to navigate the complexities of the legal system and fight the charges against you.
Take the crucial next step in your defense – reach out to a Rancho Cucamonga domestic violence attorney today.
Why Choose Kolacia Law Firm for Your DV Defense
Every person facing a domestic violence charge deserves personalized and strategic legal representation.
Our approach at Kolacia Law Firm includes:
- Thorough case evaluation — We conduct a comprehensive analysis of the evidence, police reports, and witness statements to identify any inconsistencies or weaknesses in the prosecution’s case.
- Aggressive defense strategy — We develop tailored defense strategies to challenge the charges against you, whether it’s questioning the credibility of the alleged victim, highlighting issues with the investigation, or proving that the incident was a misunderstanding.
- Open communication — We keep you informed and involved at every stage of the process, ensuring you understand your rights and options and ensure your voice is heard.
- Skilled negotiation— Our attorneys are adept at negotiating with prosecutors to reduce charges, secure favorable plea deals, or even have the case dismissed altogether when possible.
Potential Consequences of a DV Conviction
Facing a domestic violence conviction can have far-reaching consequences that affect every aspect of your life. At Kolacia Law Firm, we recognize the gravity of these charges and are dedicated to minimizing the impact on your future.
To help you better understand the possible criminal penalties and outcomes, we’ve outlined the potential consequences below.
|Type of Domestic Violence Charge||Classification||Penalty|
|Domestic Battery||Misdemeanor||Up to 1 year in county jail and/or up to $2,000 fine|
|Corporal Injury on a Spouse or Cohabitant||Misdemeanor or Felony||2 to 4 years in state prison and/or up to $6,000 fine|
|Domestic Assault with a Deadly Weapon||Felony||2 to 4 years in state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
|Child Abuse||Misdemeanor or Felony||Up to 1 year in county jail or 2 to 6 years in state prison and/or up to $6,000 fine|
|Child Endangerment||Misdemeanor or Felony||Up to 1 year in county jail or 2 to 6 years in state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
|Elder Abuse||Misdemeanor or Felony||Up to 1 year in county jail or 2 to 4 years in state prison and/or up to $6,000 fine|
|Violation of Restraining Order||Misdemeanor or Felony||Up to 1 year in county jail or 16 months to 3 years in state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
Our mission at Kolacia Law Firm is to minimize these consequences and help you reclaim your life.
Aggravating Factors in a Domestic Violence Case
In a domestic violence case, certain circumstances can lead to enhanced charges or increased penalties. These factors, known as aggravating factors, can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
It’s essential to be aware of these factors and work with an experienced attorney, like those at Kolacia Law Firm, who can help you navigate the complexities of your case and minimize the impact of these factors on your future.
Some common aggravating factors in domestic violence cases include:
- Prior convictions
- Serious bodily injury
- Use of weapons
- Violation of a restraining order
- Vulnerable victims
- Child endangerment
At Kolacia Law Firm, our experienced attorneys understand the impact of aggravating factors on your domestic violence case. We will work tirelessly to develop a strategic defense, considering these factors and challenging the prosecution’s case. Trust us to advocate for your rights and help you overcome the challenges presented by your case.
Domestic Violence Defense Strategies to Protect Your Rights and Future
At Kolacia Law Firm, we understand the importance of a strong defense when facing domestic violence charges. Our attorneys are well-versed in various defense strategies to challenge the prosecution’s case and protect your rights.
Some of these strategies include:
- Self-defense or defense of others — If you were acting in self-defense or defending someone else from harm, our team would gather evidence and witness statements to support your claim.
- Insufficient evidence — We will scrutinize the evidence presented by the prosecution, looking for weaknesses or gaps that could undermine their case.
- False allegations — In some cases, domestic violence accusations are made out of anger, jealousy, or to gain leverage in a divorce or custody dispute.
- Police misconduct or procedural errors — We will evaluate the actions of law enforcement during the investigation and arrest process, looking for any misconduct or procedural errors that may have violated your rights.
At Kolacia Law Firm, we prioritize building a strong, persuasive defense tailored to your situation. Our experienced attorneys will stand up for your rights and work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. Trust us to advocate in the face of domestic violence charges, and let us help you reclaim your future.
Take Control of Your Future — Call Kolacia Law Firm Now
When facing domestic violence charges, it’s crucial to take swift action to protect your rights, your reputation, and your future. At Kolacia Law Firm, we understand the urgency of your situation, and we’re prepared to stand by your side every step of the way.
Don’t let domestic violence charges define your life or dictate your future. It’s time to take control and choose a law firm that will stand up for your rights and tirelessly pursue the best possible outcome for your case.
Let us help you navigate the complexities of the legal system with confidence and determination. Contact us today.