When you’re facing theft charges it can be confusing and stressful. You’re facing fines, probation and even jail time, and you most likely don’t know your next steps.
That’s where we come in.
At Kolacia Law Firm in Rancho Cucamonga, our legal team can provide you with the legal support and guidance you need to navigate the legal system and mount a strong defense.
We have a track record of successfully defending clients against theft-related charges. Trust our expertise to guide you through this challenging process and help you obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
Take the next step in your defense—contact a Rancho Cucamonga theft lawyer today.
Why Choose Kolacia Law Firm for Your Theft Defense
At Kolacia Law Firm, we believe in providing personalized, attentive service to each client.
When you choose us to represent you in your theft case, you can expect:
- Experienced theft defense attorneys — Our team of skilled criminal law attorneys has years of experience defending clients accused of theft. We understand the intricacies of California theft laws and will work diligently to craft a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific case.
- Proven track record — We are proud of our long history of successful outcomes in theft cases. Whether it’s a misdemeanor or felony charge, our goal is always to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Personalized attention — At Kolacia Law Firm, we value our client relationships and understand that every case is unique. We take the time to listen to your story, understand your concerns, and develop a legal strategy that addresses your individual needs.
Types of Theft Cases We Handle
Our criminal defense attorneys have experience representing clients in a wide range of theft cases, including but not limited to:
- Petty theft — a misdemeanor charge that involves the theft of property valued at less than $950
- Examples: shoplifting small items
- Grand theft — a felony charge that involves the theft of property valued at more than $950
- Stealing expensive items, such as jewelry or electronics
- Stealing a large amount of money.
- Grand theft auto — a specific type of grand theft charge that involves stealing a motor vehicle, such as a car, truck, or motorcycle
- Embezzlement — a felony charge that involves stealing money or property that has been entrusted to you by someone else
- Stealing money from an employer
- Taking funds from a trust or estate
- Robbery — a felony charge that involves taking property from someone else by using force, fear, or intimidation
- Holding up a store at gunpoint
- Mugging someone on the street
- Burglary — a felony charge that involves entering a building or structure with the intent to commit a theft or other crime.
- Breaking into someone’s home
- Stealing items from a store after hours
- Identity theft — a felony charge that involves using someone else’s personal information, such as their name or social security number, to obtain credit or make fraudulent purchases
- Credit card fraud — a felony charge that involves using someone else’s credit card without their permission to make purchases or obtain cash.
Whether a misdemeanor or felony, these types of theft charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, probation, and even jail time.
That’s why it’s important to hire a skilled theft lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga who can help you understand the charges against you and develop a strong defense strategy.
Possible Consequences of a Theft Conviction
Facing a theft conviction can have far-reaching consequences that affect every aspect of your life. At Kolacia Law Firm, we recognize the gravity of these charges and are dedicated to minimizing the impact on your future.
To help you better understand the possible criminal penalties and outcomes, we’ve outlined the potential consequences below.
|Type of Theft Charge||Classification||Penalty|
|Petty Theft||Misdemeanor||Up to 6 months in county jail and/or up to $1,000 fine|
|Grand Theft||Felony||16 months to 3 years in county jail or state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
|Grand Theft Auto||Felony||16 months to 3 years in county jail or state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
|Embezzlement||Felony||16 months to 3 years in county jail or state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
|Robbery||Felony||3 to 9 years in state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
|Burglary||Felony||16 months to 3 years in county jail or state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
|Identity Theft||Felony||Up to 3 years in county jail or state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
|Credit Card Fraud||Felony||Up to 3 years in county jail or state prison and/or up to $10,000 fine|
Our mission at Kolacia Law Firm is to minimize these consequences and help you reclaim your life.
How We Can Help
A skilled theft lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga can provide you with invaluable legal support and guidance throughout your case.
A theft lawyer can:
- Analyze the evidence. Your lawyer will thoroughly analyze the evidence against you, looking for any weaknesses or inconsistencies in the prosecution’s case. They may be able to argue that the evidence was obtained illegally or that there is not enough evidence to support a conviction.
- Develop a defense strategy. Based on their analysis of the evidence and the circumstances of your case, your lawyer will work with you to develop a strong defense strategy. This may involve negotiating with the prosecutor to have the charges reduced or dismissed, or arguing your case in court.
- Represent you in court. If your case goes to trial, your theft lawyer will represent you in court, presenting your case to the judge and jury and advocating on your behalf. They will also cross-examine witnesses and challenge the prosecution’s evidence to create doubt in the minds of the jurors.
- Protect your rights. Your theft lawyer will ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that you are not subject to illegal searches or seizures, that you are informed of your rights, and that you receive fair treatment under the law.
- Negotiate a plea deal. In some cases, your theft lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea deal with the prosecutor. This may involve pleading guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for a reduced sentence or other concessions.
Overall, a skilled theft lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga can be an invaluable asset to your case, providing you with the legal support and guidance you need to navigate the complex legal system and achieve the best possible outcome.
Contact Kolacia Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one is facing theft charges in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, don’t hesitate to contact Kolacia Law Firm for a confidential consultation.
Our dedicated theft defense attorneys are here to provide the support and representation you need during this challenging time. Call us or fill out our online contact form to get started. Let us help you protect your rights and secure your future.