Facing a felony charge in Rancho Cucamonga? Your future hangs in the balance.
As the weight of the charges bears down on you, anxiety and uncertainty fill your days. It’s a pivotal moment, and you need the right legal team to stand by your side.
You need the Kolacia Law Firm in Rancho Cucamonga.
Our defense attorneys prioritize your unique needs, offering unmatched expertise, tenacious advocacy, and compassionate guidance. Don’t let a felony define your life. Reclaim your future with the Kolacia Law Firm by your side.
Contact a Rancho Cucamonga felony defense attorney for a consultation today.
Fighting for Your Future — How Kolacia Law Firm Can Help With Your Felony Case
At Kolacia Law Firm, we understand the overwhelming emotions that come with a felony charge. Our mission is to empower you with a relentless defense and unwavering support, so you can face the legal battle ahead with confidence.
So, why choose Kolacia Law Firm?
Here are some reasons:
- We prioritize you. Every client has unique needs and circumstances. We tailor our approach to ensure you feel heard, understood, and cared for. Your concerns are our top priority.
- We offer unmatched expertise. With years of experience defending clients like you, our team has honed the skills and knowledge needed to navigate the complex world of felony defense. We stay current on California criminal law, using our expertise to develop an ironclad defense strategy for you.
- We provide tenacious advocacy. When defending your rights, we’re relentless. We’re prepared to fight tooth and nail to ensure you receive fair treatment and the best possible outcome. We’re not intimidated by tough cases and won’t back down in the face of adversity.
- We give compassionate guidance. We know the legal system can be daunting. That’s why we’re here to provide clear, compassionate guidance every step of the way. You’ll be treated with respect and dignity when you walk through our doors.
Don’t let a felony charge define your life. Take back control with the Kolacia Law Firm by your side. Contact us today for a consultation, and let us help you reclaim the future you deserve.
California Felony Crimes and Penalties
In California, felonies are classified by specific crime types rather than lettered classes. The penalties for each crime may vary depending on the severity of the offense and any prior convictions.
Generally, punishments can range from a year in state prison to life imprisonment, including fines, probation, or other additional penalties.
Here is a list of some common felony charges in California:
- Murder — unlawful killing of another person with intent or malice aforethought
- Manslaughter — unlawful killing of another person without malice aforethought, often due to recklessness or negligence
- Assault — threat or attempt to physically harm another person, with or without a weapon
- Robbery — taking property from another person through force, threat, or intimidation
- Burglary — unlawful entry into a building intending to commit a crime, typically theft
- Grand theft — stealing property with a value above a specified amount, typically a higher monetary threshold
- Drug charges — offenses related to the possession, sale, or distribution of illegal drugs or controlled substances
It is important to note that these are only examples of common felony charges, and this list is not exhaustive.
Collateral Consequences of a Felony Conviction
A felony conviction can have lasting effects on your life beyond the immediate criminal penalties. These additional consequences, called collateral consequences, can impact your personal and professional life.
Understanding the potential collateral consequences is crucial to fully grasping the long-term implications of a felony conviction.
Here are some common collateral consequences of a felony conviction:
- Employment restrictions
- Housing difficulties
- Loss of voting rights
- Firearm ownership prohibition
- Limited educational opportunities
- Reduced public benefits eligibility
- Immigration consequences
- Strained personal relationships
Understanding the collateral consequences of a felony conviction underscores the importance of hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney.
California’s ‘Three Strikes’ Rule for Convicted Felons
California’s “Three Strikes” law is designed to impose harsher penalties on repeat offenders. Understanding this rule is crucial for anyone facing a felony charge in the state, as it can significantly impact the potential consequences of a conviction.
The “Three Strikes” law operates as follows:
- First Strike — A first-time felony conviction, classified as a “serious” or “violent” felony under California law, is considered the first strike. The penalties for a first-strike conviction align with the standard sentencing guidelines for the specific crime.
- Second Strike — If you have a prior serious or violent felony conviction on your record and are convicted of a new felony (serious or violent), the penalties for the second conviction are doubled.
- Third Strike — If you have two or more prior serious or violent felony convictions on your record and are convicted of a new felony (regardless of whether serious or violent), you could face a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years to life in prison.
Given the severe consequences of California’s “Three Strikes” law, it is crucial to have an experienced felony defense attorney on your side.
At Kolacia Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing aggressive representation and strategic defense to help our clients avoid additional strikes on their records. Contact us today for a consultation to discuss your case and learn how we can help protect your future.
How Our Rancho Cucamonga Felony Defense Attorneys Help You
If you have been charged with a felony crime in Rancho Cucamonga, California, you need an experienced and skilled defense attorney to represent you in court. Our Rancho Cucamonga felony defense attorneys have years of experience handling complex felony cases and are dedicated to providing our clients with aggressive and effective defense representation.
Here are five ways our felony defense attorneys can help you:
- Explain your rights. Our attorneys will explain your legal rights and help you understand the charges against you and the potential consequences of a conviction.
- Investigate the case. We will conduct a thorough investigation, including interviewing witnesses, reviewing police reports and evidence, and consulting with experts as needed.
- Negotiate with prosecutors. Our attorneys have extensive experience negotiating with prosecutors to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Represent you in court. If your case goes to trial, our attorneys will represent you in court and present a strong defense on your behalf.
- Appeal a conviction. If you have been convicted of a felony crime, our attorneys can help you appeal the conviction and seek a reversal of the decision.
At Kolacia Law Firm, we understand that facing felony charges can be stressful and overwhelming. We are committed to providing each client with compassionate and personalized legal representation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our Rancho Cucamonga felony defense attorneys.
When Your Freedom Is on the Line, Trust Kolacia Law Firm
If you or a loved one is facing felony charges in Rancho Cucamonga, California, it is crucial to seek the help of an experienced felony defense attorney as soon as possible. Our skilled and dedicated attorneys are here to help you every step of the way.
Don’t wait to get the legal help you need. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our Rancho Cucamonga felony defense attorneys. We will review your case, explain your legal rights, and work tirelessly to protect your rights and interests.