If you face criminal charges, you will likely need to appear in court. Navigating the legal system can be overwhelming, especially if you are unfamiliar with the laws and procedures. This is where a proficient criminal defense lawyer can be a valuable asset. They can guide the legal process, clarify your rights and options, and advocate for your best interests.
The San Bernardino Superior Court is a significant courthouse in the criminal justice system, responsible for handling criminal cases in San Bernardino County, California, and surrounding areas. Understanding the procedures and processes involved is crucial to your case, and having a knowledgeable lawyer can make a significant difference.
San Bernardino Superior Court Information
The San Bernardino Superior Court is an important institution that handles criminal cases for the surrounding San Bernardino County, California areas. This courthouse handles various criminal cases, ranging from misdemeanors to felonies. These cases include DUIs, drug offenses, theft, and violent crimes.
247 West Third St.
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0240
Criminal: (909) 384-1888
Post-court Fax: (909) 521-3060
Pre-court Fax: (909)521-3250
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
Appearing in Court
When entering the San Bernardino Superior Court, you must go through a lobby weapons screening, which includes passing through a metal detector and handing over all loose items for x-ray screening and inspection.
Some items that are not allowed in the courthouse include:
- Any firearms and bullets or ammunition—except those possessed by Judicial Officers, armored car service guards, peace officers, and federal law enforcement officers—regardless of possession of a “Carrying Concealed Weapon” (CCW) Permit
- All knives, regardless of length or type
- Stun guns, Tasers, pepper sprays, animal repellant, chemical mace, or tear gas
- Aerosol spray cans
- Butane fuel/lighter fluid and torch lighters
- All gun-shaped lighters, toy guns, air-powered guns, and replica guns
- Handcuffs and handcuff keys, except those possessed by peace officers and federal law enforcement officers
- Other items the Court or its representatives deem a hazard or danger to the business of the Court
Please ensure you arrive with plenty of time to park, go through security, and find your courtroom. Failure to appear in court may result in a warrant for your arrest being issued. If you need help finding your courtroom, the staff can assist you.
Divisions of the San Bernardino Superior Court
The San Bernardino Superior Court is a local hub for legal activity in San Bernardino County. It handles a variety of cases for several areas of law.
Here, we will focus on the criminal, traffic, and juvenile divisions.
The criminal division of the San Bernardino Superior Court is responsible for handling criminal cases. This includes arraignments, pre-trial hearings, trials, and sentencing. Defendants facing criminal charges will typically appear in the criminal division of the courthouse.
The traffic division of the San Bernardino Superior Court handles traffic-related cases, such as traffic violations, parking tickets, and minor accidents. This division is responsible for processing these cases and determining any fines or penalties that may be imposed on the defendant.
The juvenile division of the San Bernardino Superior Court handles cases involving minors who have been accused of committing a crime. This division has specialized procedures and processes designed to protect the rights and well-being of minors involved in the criminal justice system.
How Can a Criminal Defense Attorney Help Me?
If you have been charged with a crime, a criminal defense attorney can be an invaluable asset in helping you navigate the legal system and protecting your rights.
Here are some ways a criminal defense attorney can assist you:
- Offer legal guidance and representation throughout the entire legal process
- Investigate the charges against you and gather evidence to build a strong defense
- Help you understand your legal options and the potential consequences of each
- Advocate for your rights and negotiate with prosecutors to potentially reduce or dismiss charges
- Represent you in court and present a strong defense on your behalf
- Ensure that you receive fair and just treatment under the law
- Provide emotional support and guidance throughout the challenging legal process
With the help of a skilled criminal defense attorney, you can feel more confident and empowered as you navigate the legal system and work towards achieving the best possible outcome for your case.
Top-rated San Bernardino Criminal Defense Lawyer
When dealing with criminal charges, navigating the legal system can be daunting. However, with the assistance of a criminal defense lawyer from Kolacia Law Firm, you can have peace of mind knowing that your rights are safeguarded and you have a strong defense strategy in place.
Our attorneys are highly skilled and experienced in handling various criminal cases. We are committed to providing our clients with the necessary guidance and support they require during this challenging time. Our team works tirelessly to ensure that our clients achieve the best possible outcome for their cases, whether through negotiations or in court.
If you face criminal charges, please call Kolacia Law Firm for legal representation. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.