As a parent, the thought of your child facing criminal charges is chilling. Do you know what to expect if your child enters the San Bernardino Juvenile Court?
The legal system can be complex and confusing, adding fuel to the fire, but with the help of a skilled criminal defense attorney, you can give your child the best shot at a successful outcome.
The San Bernardino Juvenile Court plays a significant role in the criminal justice system, handling juvenile cases in the surrounding areas. Understanding the procedures and processes involved is vital to your child’s case, and having a knowledgeable lawyer can make all the difference.
Don’t let your child face criminal charges alone. Contact Kolacia Law Firm in Rancho Cucamonga today and get the legal representation your child deserves.
San Bernardino Juvenile Court Information
The San Bernardino Juvenile Court is an important institution that handles criminal cases for the surrounding San Bernardino County, California areas. This courthouse handles various juvenile cases, ranging from misdemeanors to felonies. These cases include DUIs, drug offenses, theft, and violent crimes.
860 East Gilbert St.
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0955
General: (909) 269-8900
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
Appearing in Court
When entering the San Bernardino Juvenile Court, you must go through a lobby weapons screening, which includes passing through a metal detector and handing over all loose items for x-ray screening and inspection.
Some items that are not allowed in the courthouse include:
- Any firearms and bullets or ammunition—except those possessed by Judicial Officers, armored car service guards, peace officers, and federal law enforcement officers—regardless of possession of a “Carrying Concealed Weapon” (CCW) Permit
- All knives, regardless of length or type
- Stun guns, Tasers, pepper sprays, animal repellant, chemical mace, or tear gas
- Aerosol spray cans
- Butane fuel/lighter fluid and torch lighters
- All gun-shaped lighters, toy guns, air-powered guns, and replica guns
- Handcuffs and handcuff keys, except those possessed by peace officers and federal law enforcement officers
- Other items the Court or its representatives deem a hazard or danger to the business of the Court
Please ensure you arrive with plenty of time to park, go through security, and find your courtroom. Failure to appear in court may result in a warrant for your arrest being issued. If you need help finding your courtroom, the staff can assist you.
Cases Handled in San Bernardino Juvenile Court
The San Bernardino Juvenile Court is a local hub for legal activity in San Bernardino County. The juvenile division handles cases involving minors accused of committing a crime. This division has specialized procedures and processes designed to protect the rights and well-being of minors involved in the criminal justice system.
These cases can range from minor offenses such as truancy or curfew violations to more serious crimes such as drug offenses, theft, or assault.
No matter the charge your child is facing, having a skilled criminal defense lawyer who knows the procedures and processes involved in the San Bernardino Juvenile Court can make all the difference. Don’t hesitate to contact Kolacia Law Firm today to get the legal representation your child deserves.
How Can a Criminal Defense Attorney Help Me?
If you have been charged with a crime, a criminal defense attorney can be an invaluable asset in helping you navigate the legal system and protecting your rights.
Here are some ways a criminal defense attorney can assist you:
- Offer legal guidance and representation throughout the entire legal process
- Investigate the charges against you and gather evidence to build a strong defense
- Help you understand your legal options and the potential consequences of each
- Advocate for your rights and negotiate with prosecutors to potentially reduce or dismiss charges
- Represent you in court and present a strong defense on your behalf
- Ensure that you receive fair and just treatment under the law
- Provide emotional support and guidance throughout the challenging legal process
With the help of a skilled criminal defense attorney, you can feel more confident and empowered as you navigate the legal system and work towards achieving the best possible outcome for your case.
Top-rated San Bernardino Juvenile Criminal Defense Lawyer
As a parent, nothing is more important than protecting your child’s future. You’re living your worst nightmare, but you don’t have to get through it alone. You need an aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your side.
At Kolacia Law Firm, our attorneys have a proven track record of success and are dedicated to protecting your child’s rights and future. We understand the complexities of the legal system and will work tirelessly to ensure that your child receives the best possible outcome for their case, whether through negotiations or in court.
Don’t let your child’s future hang in the balance. Contact us today and let us fight for your child’s rights and future. Your child’s future deserves the best legal representation available, and we are here to provide that for you.